Register Your School/Program for YIP
Sign-up for additional resources and support! All Young Inventors’ Program® materials are FREE – yes, free – thanks to generous donors. By registering, you will receive exclusive access to our live trainings for YIP leaders, webinars for young inventors, and resources to assist you as you mentor youth innovators. See below for more details about benefits, eligibility (everyone is eligible), and cost (no cost).
2020-2021 school year
We have multiple options to help YIP leaders continue the program in classrooms, through remote learning, or a hybrid. The curriculum will include:
- Teacher Directed Track designed to be delivered by teachers, synchronously or asynchronously, on an interactive platform of choice to allow for direct engagement between teachers and students.
- Independent Student Learning at Home Track “pre-recorded” content to be accessible for students to lead themselves through the invention process and activities to guide them in the development of a YIP project.
- New digital resources such as teacher curriculum guide, activity worksheets, YIP Inventor Journal, display board template, and more.
- Videos and slides that can be shared and/or inserted to current virtual platforms for delivery. All slide decks are accompanied by a script to assist delivery.
- Training and professional development workshops.
To receive notice when resources are released and early access to our workshops, please register below. Even it you can’t implement YIP this year, we will stay in touch and provide valuable resources to send to inventive students who wish to participate independently.
We welcome students who don’t have access to Young Inventors’ Program in their schools to participate in our YIP Independent Student Track. Please visit this page for more information. If you are a homeschooling parent, please complete the form below to receive our educator resources.
$0 Registration Cost
All Young Inventors’ Program® materials are FREE! Yes, free. We ask you to register because we need to report to our funders.
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who wants to support youth innovation!
The Young Inventors’ Program is adaptable to any learning environment: classrooms, after-school programs, libraries, clubs, community programs, homeschools, and independent learners.
YIP sites in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine may participate in our regional competitions. We will help you connect to the network of invention programs to compete locally – if there isn’t one near you, you may compete in our virtual competition.
Registered sites and leaders will receive additional materials, supplies, and access to our program staff for individual support. They also participate in live webinars for teachers/leaders and for students.
Students participating at registered sites are eligible for the Northern New England Invention Convention competition and may advance to Invention Convention U.S. Nationals and Invention Convention Worldwide.