How do you brainstorm new ideas?
Learn how inventors come up with new ideas using the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. brainstorming technique. Each letter stands for a way to rethink or think up ideas for your design.
Watch Tina White, Director of the Young Inventors’ Program and her friend Thomas use S.C.A.M.P.E.R. to design cool kitchen tools.
Lesson Plan_Cool Kitchen Tool includes steps to design cool kitchen tools and the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. list ready to print.
Materials you need for this challenge: PLEASE ask an adult for permission to use an existing kitchen tool for your design:
- Paper or notebook for taking notes
- Pen or pencil
- Kitchen utensil (ask an adult)- spatula, wooden spoon, colander, measuring cup, etc.
- Markers, colored pencils or crayons
Share Your Design
Take a photo, or scan and upload a picture of your drawing or design. To share your design with us:
- Email your teacher, or
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Share on Instagram and tag us: @FueltheSpark.
We can’t wait to see your awesome ideas!
As we are all settling into distance/remote learning, the Academy of Applied Science will offer more YIP@HOME activities on this page. Follow us on social media to be the first to know when we post new activities.