How would you build a better pencil?
Join Tina White, Director of the Young Inventors’ Program, and her friend Thomas as they explore ways to build a better pencil and challenge YOU to make one of your own. Tina will also share the invention story for Coca Cola. See below for lesson plan and materials.
- Lesson Plan Build a Better Pencil: includes instructions, materials, and tips for building a better pencil.
Add your own creativity and materials to our suggested list
- Unsharpened Pencil (if you have one)
- Art supplies: tape, paper clips, clay, pomp oms, rubber bands, pipe cleaners, Styrofoam, glue…anything else that you need to improve the pencil!
Invention Journey: Coca Cola
Learn more about Coca Cola’s invention journey here.
Share Your Design
Take a photo, or scan and upload a picture of your drawing or design. To share your design with us:
- Email your teacher, or
- Email us at: email@example.com, or
- Share on Instagram and tag us: @FueltheSpark.
We can’t wait to see your awesome ideas!
As we are all settling into distance/remote learning, the Academy of Applied Science will offer more YIP@HOME activities. Follow us on social media to be the first to know when we post new activities.